Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Date Night


I called my mom yesterday and asked if she was available to come over and watch the girls so Steve and I could go out. So tonight she came over and we went on a date.
We had a very nice dinner at Uno's. I ordered the Lemon Salmon with roasted veggies. The meal was good.
We then worked on filling in the "If-Then" chart and "The Blessing" chart. I'm looking forward to using these wonderful tool to help us raise Godly children. Now all I need to do is be consistent in using them and pray that each one of the girls has a desire to live in obedience to God.
I pulled this picture of us from an anniversary weekend about 5 years ago. I don't seem to have any current photos of us together in my library. Maybe I can get Amber to send me a copy of the picture she took of us together at Olive Garden.

5 comments:

Kelly Glupker said...

Once again, I'm jealous of people with family who live close by. But I must say, you two haven't aged a bit. I never would have known that was an old picture had you not mentioned it.

TraceyLD said...

I felt guilty in calling my mom. Was a date night necessary? It was not an emergancy. However..I did feel like it was necesaary.
This is the first time I have called for a date. She has come over at least once if not twice so I could attend a business meeting at church and still have the girls to bed at a good time.
My mom likes to play games so after dinner and homework they placed games. They even told grandma that 8 was their bed time and they went right to bed.

amber said...

Hurray for a date night! I'll email over the picture of you two!

Anonymous said...

Tracey,
I forgot that website you told me to give to Pam. Could you email either me or Pam, if you have hers. Sorry! ~Cath
Wow, you are sure blogging these days...love it.

Jackie said...

I'm glad you guys got to get away and have a date night. That's a good kick in the butt for me to try to do the same.