Thursday, May 21, 2009

Right of Passage


On Monday Steve and I had a meeting at church. The granddaughter of the neighbor stays every Monday night with her grandma. She is a regular at our house on most Mondays. Kaylie turned 12 this winter and she was interested in baby sitting. So...Monday Kaylie had her first baby sitting job watching (playing) with the girls. Everyone was excited about this BIG event. Of course, Grandma was home and just across the road so Steve and I felt comfortable to have the three of them home alone. In just 4 short years it will be Mackenzie baby sitting. Where does the time go?

3 comments:

Laura Wells said...

Never having had a relative across the street,the idea of having a 12-year-old babysitter scares me!

TraceyLD said...

Me too a little but Grandma was in charge! She let me know what they were up to and we even talked during the time we were gone.

chris k said...

I'm sure that Grandma knew exactly what was going on across the street.