Friday, May 8, 2009

Elegant Dining


Last night Amber was setting the table for dinner. She asked me for a piece of paper that I didn't need anymore. I walked into the dining room and was just about to complain about her not having the table set when I noticed she was in the process of making name cards for each of us for our place setting. I'm glad I caught my tongue before I said something that would have ruined her wonderful idea.
She felt pretty special. I have wonderful kids. I just need to remember to be patient or "name card" opportunities will be missed.

7 comments:

Pam said...

Too cute! I need to learn that lesson more often too.
By the way...your dinner looks so yummy!!

amber said...

so true! thanks for the reminder!

chris k said...

Good thought. I also noticed the dinner - you go girl. Maybe when school is out, I'll actually have the time to cook again.

Kara said...

That Amber. What a sweet pea.

And yes, dinner looks amazing. Casey would be all over that, the kids- not so much.

Kara said...

Oh- make sure you check my blog, I just posted a couple pics from when the girls were over!

Amanda Irene said...

no saying no, quit, stop, why, don't.. and just keeping my mouth shut is really hard! Okay maybe thats not so revealing. : )

Jackie said...

That is so sweet! And a good lesson for me - patience.

Dinner does look fabulous!