Thursday, April 2, 2009

Happy 6th Birthday Amber!

Today Amber turned 6 years old. When she took her bath last night we sang a silly song about out with the 5 in with the 6. All her 5ness washed down the drain. Okay...so we a little silly at our house sometimes.
She made the X-ray of her foot when they were studying the letter X at school.
She loves to sleep with her big penguin that she got from Uncle Keith a number of years ago. Penguin has even made the trip to school for special reading days.



She loves snacks and sweets. Yesterday while I was in North Branch I bought some special glazed sugar cookies from the Bakery. The cookies would be her special treat to take to school today. I gave her one last night and after just one bite she told me she didn't like it. So much for me trying to do something special. The picture with Amber and her cookie is from her Valentine's Party at school this year.

Amber did get to skate at least one on the Vassar public skate ring. The weather did not cooperate very well.



Here she is just being cute! She is quick with a smile and makes us laugh often.
Happy Birthday Amber! We love you!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I know why Amber & I hit it off so good. I, too, have a penguin. I don't let anyone have it. I got it from my dad while he was in the hospital in Ann Arbor. It is very special to me. He knew I liked penquins too. It was the last gift my dad got for me. What great memories. I must say I never slept with it - kinda old to be doing that!!!

Anonymous said...

Oops! That was from me, Cathy.

TraceyLD said...

That's a nice story Cathy.
I'm sure your is in much better shape.

Kara said...

Sweet Amber- Happy Birthday!
I LOVE the braids.

amber said...

Happy Birthday!! What a sweetie!! I thought the cookie story was funny - I've done that. I buy something that's supposed to be a treat, and they don't like it!

Travis,Stephanie, Olivia & Alex said...

Have a super fun day Amber !!
Olivia says hello :)
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you , Happy Birthday dear Amber HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU !!!!!!!!!

The Speer's said...

Happy birthday Amber I hope you had a great day. Cute poses.

Pam said...

Happy Birthday Amber!