Monday, July 28, 2008

Helen L. Sanborn 4/21/18 - 7/27/08

Grandma with some of her great grandkids on her 89th birthday celebration.


My Grandma passed away last evening. She was an amazing woman. She was diagnosed with bone cancer about a year and a half ago. Thankfully she still remained active and did not experience great pain. One July 5th she had 88 people at her home for the annual Barnes Lake Fireworks. She enjoyed herself that day and visited with many people. She was put in the hospital 7/13 with an infection. My family visited with her there on 7/17. She tickled Amber and we visited. She was transferred to Marlette Hospice on 7/18 for pain management. She was doing okay. The hope was to get the pain she was having under control so she could come home. God had other plans. Her body proceeded to shut down. Fortunately, she was able to rest peacefully and that is how she was went she went to be with Jesus.
Thank you for those who have been praying for my family.

9 comments:

chris k said...

Tracey, I am so sorry for your loss. I remember going to the lake to visit and hang out with Trina. I will be praying for your family.

Travis,Stephanie, Olivia & Alex said...

Know you are in my prayers, you all are ! Call if you need ANYTHING.
Feel my hug :)
Love you .....

amber said...

Tracey, I've been praying for you and will keep on praying for the coming days. Your grandma sounds like she was a wonderful woman. I'm glad you were close with her and have such good memories to treasure. And I'm thankful that we have the hope of glory.

Kara said...

I am sorry for your loss, but I know you are comforted knowing where she is. We'll be praying for your family, too.

TraceyLD said...

Thank you all for your prayers.
I will miss her dearly.

The Speer's said...

We will be praying for you and your family. Hope all is well for you and your family. If you need anything you can call us.

Pam Wickman said...

Tracey we will be praying for your family. How comforting to know that she is in the presence of the Lord. She sounds like a wonderful grandma.

Amanda Irene said...

Sounds like you were very found of her and she was you and your family too. What a great age to live too. Wow! Rejoice she is dancing in heaven!

Jackie said...

Thinking and praying for you and your family. I'm glad she is at peace now.