Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Woodchucks & Girls, Birthday & Surfing




Amber taking a ride on the surf board. Mackenzie giving her some words of encouragement although she herself would not ever think about trying this.






This picture is of my brother Willie (in Blue)
at his surprise 40th party.
Woodchucks & Girls
Okay, so what do the two have in common?

Both have removed the top of some of my flowers in the bud stage. I've talked to both the culprits. Okay...I yelled at the woodchuck and told him he is not welcome here.

The girls I talked to and they have assured me it will not happen again.

Last week went by fast. VBS was great. Work went well. On Thursday night Amber had the full and continued on thru the day on Friday. So, I did not work and Amber did not go to VBS.

I gave a couples shower for my cousin Jacob and his bride to be Laura. We had a fun time. Played the newlywed game and if you know my brother Willie he always add some life to the party. I believe Steve and I got the most answers correct. Too bad the prize was not a 5 day get away with just the 2 of us.

Speaking of just the 2 of us. Steve and I are home alone. Okay.. he's off to work making money to support this family and I was home sick for 2 days. Feeling better today. The girls are with grandma DeLong and guess what....she has the flu too. Came down with it last night. Said she is doing better and I don't need to come get the girls.

So tomorrow and Friday I"m back to the office. Today I'm doing many loads of laundry. We have way to many clothes. I'm going to try to cut back. Who needs that much stuff? Not us!!

I did not take 1 picture last week. So I pulled some from the past for you to enjoy. I know you all like to look at pictures and not just read.
I'm posting some pictures of when we were at Avalanche Bay the End of April. Amber went on the surf board "thing". I was surprised that she wanted to try. She even went twice.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kara said...

"lotto" is very rude and needs to get a life.

I am so impressed with Amber on the surfing thing! I'm sure Mackenzie was a pro her first time, that girl amazes me.
THe flu stinks, I hope you are all 100% real soon!

Phil Luter said...

The surfing sure looks fun. Isn't it interesting how two kids in the same home can be so different?

TraceyLD said...

As you can see I've deleted a few comments.
Okay....
Mackenzie is not interested at all. Amber is the braver of the two.
Phil, they sure are different. They do enjoy playing together most of the time. That is as long as Amber does what mackenzie says. :)

chris k said...

I had to tell you that I really enjoyed the ladies day at Gull Lake. The second speaker touched on some hot issues for me at the moment. So sad to hear that you had the flu but glad that you are feeling much better. Enjoy your alone time with Steve.

TraceyLD said...

Thanks, We had dinner down town at Betty Lou's. Betty Lou's is a home time dinner. Felt like we were dating again. We picked out our wedding invitation there along with writing the purchase agreement on our house.
Glad you enjoyed yourself at Gull Lake. I would have loved to have been there but staying home was the best decision.

The Speer's said...

Amber is such a brave and out going kid. That looks like alot of fun. Sorry to hear your not feeling well hope everyone gets better soon.