Thursday, October 16, 2008

MOPS Convention





Stephanie, Amber and myself took off to Dallas for the annual MOPS convention. It was held Oct. 2nd-4th. We had a great time!!! The convention was packed full of general sessions with just under 5000 in attendance, workshops, resource fair, good food and lots of fun. The toilet monster seen in the photos was left in our bathroom after a "we want to see your room" visit from the 7 gals from the North Branch MOPS group. I screamed! They were waiting outside in the hall waiting for someone to find their friend. When I found him and screamed I heard laughter in the hall and 14 feet running away. Later that night we woke to an alarm clock they had hidden in the room that abruptly woke us up. They were again, outside the door waiting to hear all the commotion inside. We did not disappoint them.

13 comments:

Phil Luter said...

And I thought you were all business and working so hard. Glad you had a good time. MOPS is our most successful outreach program and you gals are doing a great job.

TraceyLD said...

Thanks Phil!
I was wondering after Tuesday how it was going so your words or encouragement helped my spirits.

Kara said...

OK, the toilet monster is just wrong! I would've killed somebody for that.

Kelly Glupker said...

Looks like so much fun - although I would not have laughed about a hidden alarm clock in the middle of the night!

TraceyLD said...

Okay...Laugh we did not! I don't think Stephanie got out of bed.

Pam said...

Did Steph even hear the alarm clock?? I know her and I didn't think she got out of bed :)

That looks like SO MUCH FUN! I have loved getting started in the MOPS down here. It's pretty small because it just started but I do love it!!

chris k said...

Loved the practical jokes! Two refreshing weekends in one month...good for you.

The Speer's said...

I'm glad to see you all enjoyed yourselves and had some fun to. The practical jokes made me laugh.

TraceyLD said...

Pam..I think she may have heard it but she did not move.
I think she is doing much better at being a morning person than she used to be.

Travis,Stephanie, Olivia & Alex said...

Ok so you all well most know me to well :) LOLOLOL !!!!!
i did hear and i did snicker at the bolt of lightning run by amber and with them both out of bed oh i just kept snuggled and confy :)
it was a riot

Travis,Stephanie, Olivia & Alex said...

and i know Cathy feels my morning pains :) a woman after my own heart !!

Anonymous said...

I certainly do!!
~Cath

Laurie said...

What a great time! Glad you had fun.